Saturday, February 11, 2006

OnDemand Ate My Life

Over the summer, my faithful cable provider began a new service called "OnDemand." I think it is supposed to compete with TiVo, although it functions somewhat differently. Rather than recording TV to a hard disk, it lets you access a library of free television shows and movies. When you are watching them, you can pause and rewind just like TiVo.

Anyhow, the upshot is that now I have available to me, for free, the entire first five seasons of The Sopranos. The last two days, Mary and I have watched dozens of hour-long episodes. And now that she has flown back to England, I am still watching them. Luckily, only two more episodes and then I run out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

England needs to get with the times and offer us On Demand! as of now there is no potential for On Demand to eat my life! I mean it is sad for us not to be on the couch together but to loose my access to constant sopranos in addition is truely crushing. what is a heartsick girl to do?!!