Friday, September 08, 2006

Hegemony is Leaky, and So Are You

For the past few weeks, I have had something of a blogging writer's block. I have this long exegesis of Fergie's "London Bridge" that I've been writing on and off all month, and it keeps getting more tangled and confusing, so I think I just need to set it aside for now, and take a deep breath.

I am, however, alive. Currently in Washington, DC, with only intermittent internet access. Apologies to those who have emailed me in vain, and to those to whom I owe various tasks. Both shall happen at some point.

In the meantime, I highly recommend Michael Berube's recent posts about Raymond William's famous essay "Base and Superstructure in Marxist Cultural Theory." Williams is one of my favorite writers, this is one of my favorite essays, and Michael does a great job explaining things. I've read the Williams's essay dozens of times--heck, I actually taught part of it to my class this summer--but learned many new things from these posts. So, if you need some light end-of-summer reading, go to!

No comments: