Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Like a Candle in the Wind

In all the hubub over Anna Nicole Smith's death, I forgot that I actually had a close personal connection to her. In 2005, at the West Hollywood Pride Parade, she blew a kiss in my direction. I felt pretty special. I even managed to take this picture. (That's Stravinsky's IHOP behind her.)
The best thing? See the shirtless guy to her left, who looks like he is sniffing something off his thumb? You can click the picture for a larger version. According to TMZ and Defamer, that's a certain Dr. Sandeep Kapoor. He is the doctor who supposedly prescribed poor Anna methadone, two weeks before she was due to give birth. That methadone, of course, probably killed Anna's son, and possibly Anna herself.

See, it's the brushes with fame like this that make living in Los Angeles worth it.

No comments: