Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ramblin' On My Mind

Richard Lacayo proposes that now that Sol LeWitt has passed away, his large-scale drawings--usually created in galleries by assistants following his written instructions--should be treated like musical scores, which is to say available for "performances" and new interpretations by anyone who wishes to give it a go, rather than highly controlled by the estate. (Via M.A.N). Interesting! What do you think, learned reader?

In other news, we are off to Vegas tomorrow, just for one night, to celebrate yesterday's board exams. I love Las Vegas, I really do. My high school orchestra went there twice, and when I was moving out to LA four years ago, we won $150 at the slots.

We are also celebrating the fact that it is my 27th birthday tomorrow.

Famous musicians who died when they were 27?

Kurt Cobain
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Brian Jones
Janis Joplin
Robert Johnson

Maybe I didn't pick the best year of my life to attempt to move across the country, get married, and go on the job market. These activities already have a fairly high mortality rate as it is.

No comments: